Monday, March 25, 2013

PowToon Video


This is my PowToon on The Book Thief .


I started my PowToon with the picture of the novel The Book Thief, a crumbled paper for the background, and two men because I both wanted people to see the book that was going to be address and understand that it is something worth talking about. I wanted the people who saw the PowToon to have something different stuck in their head instead of just pictures and words floating around. The two men gives the viewers something constant to latch onto in the video. I made the two men have a short conversation about the book to caught people attention with the melodramatic act happing. Next I put a picture of Death up and had one of the men, someone who has presumably read the book, describe that the book is in Death's point of view to another man, someone who has not read the book. The following picture of a blue eyed, blonde was made to represent Liesel both when she first entered Himmel Street, and when she has to leave it when it gets bombed. The little men in the corner keep a consent explanation of the pictures by telling the basics of the story. The next picture is made to represent the book that the novel The Book Thief is based on. The book that Liesel wrote about herself late at night before her home was bombed. The PowToon then moves on to a picture of a train put there to represent the train Liesel's little brother died on before they made it to Himmel Street. The worlds "The sky was white that day" is put there because the day Liesel's brother died Death looked to the sky and I was pure white. After that is a picture of a small street made to be Himmel Street, the street that Liesel lived on. The next picture is of Jewish man meant to be Max, the Jew that Liesel and her family take in and hide. The words beside the picture "Max the Jewish fist fighter" is there because in the book Max fights Hitler in the basement. The next pictured shown is of Himmel Street again but the words beside the picture are "The Sky is red that day." They are there because this is last time death sees Liesel before she dies, and her street has been blown to bits. I end the PowToon with the two men finishing their conversation next to the cover again. I did this so that viewers will get the picture of the cover stuck in their head and remember the PowToon.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your PowToon. An excellent piece for a first run at the platform. It is precisely what I envisioned when I suggested using PT for your digital compositions.

    ReplyDelete